So after spending the day going to the Turkish Embassy (with fruitless effort) and lazing around the downtown SecondCup with my new book of the week: The Kite Runner. I decided to come home and make some Banana Bread. Here it goes:
(Recipe from http://www.catcancook.com/)
1) Ingredients :
3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1) Mix all the dry ingredients in the same bowl ( with the exception of sugar)
Combine and mix :
baking soda+baking powder+salt+flour
2) Cut the Bananas to equal-length sizes and mash them real good.
3) Add an egg to the bowl of mash bananas and beat them slightly.
4) Add the white sugar and melted margarine to the mashed Bananas
5) Combine both dry and wet ingredients together.
p.s. Here is my secret recipe : I add just a handful of shredded coconut and Raisin to add a extra texture to the banana bread.